We seek a Ghana-Bar qualified lawyer to play a senior role within the firm's professional services team. The selected candidate will serve as Senior Legal Consultant in the firm's corporate practice areas, involving the Oil and Gas, Power, Financial Services, Telecommunications, ICT, Infrastructure, Government, and other sectors.
Role and Responsibilities: Reporting to the CEO, the role will require the incumbent to provide diversified legal and business advisory services to corporate clients, and such other services that shall be dictated by the practice of the firm.
The work of the Senior Legal Consultant will also be to perform such other tasks that serve to expand the firm's client base, as well as to ensure that the legal team consistently adheres to best practice standards in addressing the needs of clients.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Mid-career or senior lawyer enrolled to practice at the Ghana Bar.
- Postgraduate qualifications are a plus.
- A consistent career track record and 8-10 years of proven success in the practice of law and other service areas.
- Mastery of relevant topics, and superior skills in conducting legal research, drafting opinions and undertaking transactions.
- Ability to analyze and to provide appropriate justifications for opinions proffered, quickly and in line with client and other deadlines.
- Some overseas experience and ability to serve and engage with both local and international corporate clients is imperative.
- Interest and availability to work around the clock and to deliver results on time.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
This position will provide an opportunity to a capable lawyer with the desire and interest to work hard, to utilize their legal competencies and other talents, and above all, to excel within a reputable professional services firm.